Duet 3 Highlights
- Best-in-class Apogee conversion and mic preamps
- 2x4 USB Type C audio interface
- Up to 24-bit, 192kHz recording
- Low profile design with aluminum body
- Scratch resistant top
- Precision balanced backlit knob
- Input and output connections via breakout cable:
- 2x ¼” Instrument inputs
- 2x Mic/line inputs
- 2x ¼” Balanced outputs
- ⅛” Zero-Ohm Stereo headphone output
- 2 USB Type C ports for connection and external power as needed
- Bus-powered / External power optional via second USB Type C port as needed
- On-board hardware DSP for low-latency recording with Apogee FX
- Symphony ECS Channel Strip* - Hardware DSP FX included
- macOS and Windows 10 compatible
- Add the Duet Dock* accessory for the ultimate desktop studio experience
- Stylish, padded travel case included
*Symphony ECS Channel Strip native plugin and Duet Dock Sold Separately
Duet 3 FAQ's
Q: Is Duet 3 compatible with Apple Silicon (M1, M2, etc.) Macs?
- Yes, the Apogee Duet 3 is compatible with Apple Silicon Macs (Intel Macs too).
Q: Is Duet 3 compatible with iPad OS and iOS devices?
Yes! See this article for more information.
Q: Is the conversion on the same par as the Symphony Desktop? Is it basically a Symphony Desktop just without the mic preamp emulation?
- No. Duet 3 offers one of the best high-quality audio portable solutions in its class and has its own preamp and converter design separate from the Symphony Desktop.
Q: What's the improvements of the Duet 3 over the previous Duet?
- Duet 3 is a completely new design based on the latest analog and digital innovation from Apogee. The result is a new generation of best-in-class sound quality improvements, including significantly better dynamic range and an even better sounding headphone amplifier that uses our Zero-Ohm technology.
- Duet 3 also includes embedded DSP for processing audio on input to appeal to artists that want to monitor with the lowest latency possible
|Symphony Desktop||Duet 3||Duet for iPad & Mac|
|10 (2 Mic/Line + 8 ADAT)||2||2|
|Outputs||14 (6 Anlg + 8 ADAT)||4 (Main + HP)||4 (Main + HP)|
|Control of settings?||Touchscreen & Mac/Win Control App||Knob, Mac/Win Control App||
Knob, Mac/Win Control App
|Apogee Alloy Preamps||Neve, Ampex||_||_|
|Plug-ins||ECS, All FX Plug-ins||ECS||_|
|Dual Path capability?||Yes||No, print FX only||_|
|iOS compatibility?||Yes||Yes||Yes Lightning, Partial USB-C iOS devices|
Q: Is ECS Channel Strip included and able to use hardware DSP?
- Yes, the ECS Channel Strip is included on Duet Hardware’s DSP allowing you to record with near zero latency and print your FX. The native version of the ECS channel strip $99.00 is available at 50% off when you purchase an Apogee Duet 3.
Q: Is on-board DSP available for mixing, or just when recording?
- The Duet onboard DSP ECS Channel Strip only processes audio when tracking or monitoring the Duet’s inputs. To use the ECS Channel Strip as a plugin on your mixes, you’ll need the native Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin. Apogee plugins are available at a 50% discount at the point of purchase and at registration.
Q: Does it run third party DSP plugins?
- No, the Duet 3 internal DSP only runs the ECS Channels Strip.
Q: Is it USB Class-Compliant?
- Yes, all Apogee USB products are class compliant.
Q: Can I plug the Duet 3 into a USB Hub?
- We advise to plug the Duet 3 directly into its own USB Port. While not always the case, USB Hubs can cause odd behavior for audio interfaces, due to power distribution among the other devices sharing the Hub.
- If you are having odd behavior with an audio interface, always test with it plugged directly into your computer! Often times, removing the hub removes the problem.
Q: Will Duet 3 work on USB bus power, or does it require external power supply?
- Computers with USB Type C ports supporting USB 3.0 and up should deliver enough bus power to operate the Duet 3.
- On computers with USB Type A ports (USB 1 and 2), there could be scenarios where insufficient power is available for Duet 3. Under these circumstances, you can use the additional USB-C port to provide the extra power needed.
Q: What is the second USB-C port for? Can I connect MIDI devices to this port?
- This port is used for connecting an external power supply only. It does not support any passthrough for other USB or MIDI devices.
Q: Could link to an Ensemble or a symphony for more I/O capabilities and control?
- No, the Duet 3 is not expandable. There is no expansion of I/O available.